Jeannine (209) 614-2338
Lora (209) 605-8302
fax# (209) 527-6886
Oakdale Equine Rescue
525 Horses Rescued since 2011
17 horses currently in OER
Help Us Continue Our Mission
At Oakdale Equine Rescue we strive to:
Assist animal control officers in seizing, adopting and fostering horses
Rehabilitate neglected and or abused horses
Educate the public about horse care and management
Help Equine owners place horses in time of need
Help place equines into forever homes
Be available to other equine rescues
Encourage the public to get involved by stopping all animal neglect and abuse
Oakdale Equine Rescue started on November 8, 2011 with 6 horses.
1. Wyatt was a yearling QH Paint and was recovering from club foot surgey when he came to OER. He was adopted out to a wonderful family and is now a working cattle horse and does pleasure riding.
2. Mason was adopted to a great family and lives is Napa, CA. While Mason was in our care he was injured out of fear of illegal fireworks. Look at him now, no fear of anything and very curious.
3. Dixie was adopted to a great family in Escalon, CA. She lives life as a very pampered pasture pet, with some light riding.
4. Nutella came to OER as a very skinny 7 month old. She is now living in Madera CA and is being trained for western pleasure.
5. Kooter was born March 13, 2009. He was bred to race, but he came down with West Nile which instantly ended his career. After a lot of time and long nights Kooter is alive today. He was adopted by a wonderful lady and is now doing barrels.
6. Molly came to OER very thin. She was in her mid 20s. She was due to be adopted by a 4-H family as part of the Stanislaus County Drill team. Molly passed away due to colic just two days before she was to go to her new home. She was a awesome horse and loved kids.
The faces behind OER
We have all become great friends!
We started with just 6 horses back in 2011. As of November 2017 we have rescued 428 horses.
This journey of ours will continue on...